Monday 27 May 2013

New Eden Withdrawal Symptoms



I've been in Afghan for two months now with another four to push. It's going fairly quickly but there are things in life that I miss; my fiancée, proper showers, decent food, and New Eden.

We have fairly good WiFi out there and in my downtime I've pretty much been scouring the Eve-O forums, Tusker forums and reading the usual blogs and whenever the router throws a fit I load up Pyfa and make all sorts of fits. Eve is the only MMO I play and apart from putting a few hours into the latest single-player RPG the only other game I play religiously is Battlefield 3 (soon to be 4 - roll on October!).

It was great to be able to keep up with fanfest and a lot of the content shown was awesome. I think I'm going to have a shock to the system when I get home in Autumn and find that the game has changed in many ways. Gate-fires look amazing, the new scanning system looks amazing and all of the other tweaks CCP are making look great. They really are focussing on Internet Space Ships which no one can find fault with.

Having spent a lot of time Pyfa-warrioring there are a lot of ships and fits I'm eager to try out when I finally undock in Hevrice again. I'm able to keep my skill queue going at the moment so Cable is going to have 6 months worth of unused skills at his disposal and a lot more ships opened up to him. I'm looking forward to getting back into my tried-and-tested Vengeance fit as it's a joy to fly and I've only ever really lost them to complete derps, like engaging Hawks under sentry guns or by getting blobbed.

My drone skills will have come a long way by the time I return so I plan on buying a few Myrm hulls to take out and do some solo pvp with. The dual-rep fit is well-known for being very hardy in PvP but there is a pretty solid 1100dps gank fit I'm eager to use.

I've also come up with an 105k EHP bait fit for the Gnosis which I hope to put to good use. With HG Slaves you get a whopping 150k EHP and seeing as everyone wants a Gnosis kill I think it could be used to get some good ganks.

I'm also looking at getting into Recons too. The Pilgrim looks like a fragile but very fun ship to fly. I remember warping into a FW plex a few months ago and having one uncloak on me. Fortunately another Tusker was in system and we succeeded in driving it away, though the kill would have been sweeter.

All in all, I'm looking forward to logging back in and getting my yarr on.

3 comments:

  1. Pilgrims can be a blast to fly, though lack of neut range bonuses like the Curse has is a real kick in the teeth.

    Walk safe out there!

    - Fuel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fuel.

    I agree that the Pilgrim not having uber neut range isn't ideal, but everyone that see's a Curse pop up on D-scan either initiates a blob or stays the hell away from it, and for good reason.

    What I like about the Pilgrim is the "OH HAI!" surprise uncloak followed by "LOL NO CAP HUEHUEHUE!". I imagine in practice it takes a lot of setting up to be successful but I think it could be good fun, and a change of pace from roaming the universe in frigates.

    - Cable

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, stay safe out there! I know how that was missing Eve last time I was in the heat...

    Secondly, not sure if you've seen, but EveBloggers.com has a new owner (me) and I'm sending out messages to people who were already on the list (evemail's mostly...but figured this would be easier for you). Head over and read this if you want to get your site added back :)

    http://www.evebloggers.com/submit-your-blogs-podcasts

    (sorry for the comment, but couldn't find another way to get a hold of you right now).

    ReplyDelete