Wednesday 7 September 2011

I am a pirate, daring and cunning...



The past few days have been privy to several events; popped a 'ranis in my Jag, won a fight against a Tusker, destroyed a Rifter in my Rifter and burnt out my guns in a rematch (lolfail, I know!).

However the highlight of the past few days - nay - of my short Eve career has not been one of the above. On sunday afternoon I put in my application to join the Tuskers. I'd decided to use the Scythe kill I made days previous as one of my above class kills and at the end of the day it was a fair above class. I was in a frigate, he in a cruiser. I can't help that he had fit it for mining! My application was accepted this afternoon by Man Barthelme and upon joining I was greeted warmly. Online there were many faces I recognized and I felt genuinely welcomed into the corp.

Those of you who know the Tusker Code will recognize the title of this post as being the first few words of the first direction of the code. Since joining the Tuskers only this afternoon I've had to decline two 1v1s as to accept them would go against the grain of the code. A part of me wishes I could have gone head to head but the majority of me knows that as a pirate I don't spin up the barrels of my autocannons at the whim of some pilot; I spin them up when I want, where I want an against whoever I want!

The next few days will see me moving my stuff around lowsec from my home stations littered around Essence to Hevrice. Whilst doing so I'll do my best to engage in every fight I can. Another segment of PvP has been made more aware to me since becoming a Tusker; Ransoms.

Before now I've never really made that much of an effort to ransom a ship or a pod. I've been more than happy to explode both hull and capsule and move on to my next victim. I've seen a couple of my new corpmates make successful ransoms tonight and it looks rather easy. Obviously ransoming a pod is easier than a ship as your opponent might not turn off their guns or withdraw their drones when you initiate the conversation but catching a capsule is easier said than done. I'll be trying both out and you'll be the first to hear about how well I do!

Until next time, fly reckless!


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a successful application.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading your blob and seeing you grow as a combat pilot.

    Your journey and documentation of that journey is an inspiration for me to continue my own.

    Like you, I need to learn how to ransom. Both in remembering to do it, as well as how much to ransom, and how much time to provide, along with watching dscan and local to see if backup is coming.

    It will be interesting.

    Fly well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the kind comments.

    Having not ransomed before I'll probably fail a few times before getting a successful one. My only concern is getting an enemy ship into low armour/structure and them still firing away when I stop my guns and invite them to the channel.

    As you said, it will be interesting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you've found a place to call home. A note on ransoms - you never know what you might be blowing up. A buddy of mine hopped through low sec while carrying a 150m faction mod. While he wasn't thinking, neither were the Sinners. They blew him, and the expensive module up. They could have easily negotiated 100-140m ransom.

    It's best to temper blood lust with wisdom methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment, Tratz. I've been looking for ransoms recently but most of my fights have been too close to start negotiations or the pilot pulled a logoffski.

    Ransoming is still in the back of my mind whenever I engage something though so I'm hoping it won't be too long before I find something juicy.

    ReplyDelete